Join Our Team
Freedom to do what you love and make a difference in the world
In addition to how we approach the sustainability of our agricultural structures and practices, we also approach our organization and our ways of working through a regenerative lens.
We care deeply about the health and wellbeing of both our individual team members and our team as a whole. We seek to care for our team members, to welcome them as whole people, and to honour and appreciate each of their unique talents.
At the end of the day, we can only achieve our goals if we—ourselves and our team members—are healthy and able to contribute. Learn more about our Regenerative Ways of Working.
Who are we looking for?
- Do you have a passion for local food, farming, culinary skills, local economy and/or regenerative agriculture?
- Do you have a positive, friendly attitude and a passion for interacting with people?
- Do you want to participate in a distributed leadership workplace where you have autonomy but also a significant amount of responsibility for your own role/s?
- Do you have the willingness to perform physical work and comfort repeatedly lifting up to 60lbs?
- Are you competent at driving and backing up a 16’ cube truck and have a clean class 5 drivers license? Are you over 25 years old to meet our insurance requirements?
- Are you comfortable using mechanical aids (e.g. pallet jack, dolly etc.)?
- Do you have a mechanical aptitude for operation and maintenance of a vehicle?
To deliver produce accurately to pick up locations throughout the city, on time and safely, as well as to exhibit positive representation of the organization in the public eye.
- Pack the truck in a logical organization to efficiently deliver for multiple drop off points.
- Deliver produce to pick up locations, unload bins from the truck into locations for the volunteer pick up hosts to arrange.
- Perform truck safety checks and maintain cleanliness of the truck.
- Return to all pick up locations on the way back to the warehouse and collect empty bins, and compile leftover produce.
- On returning to the warehouse, put all produce away in the appropriate coolers. Group bins into size and nest together. Organize reusable cardboard according to warehouse and farmer needs, and break down recyclable cardboard and put it into the cardboard recycling bin in the parking lot.
- Leave the warehouse clean and tidy for the morning. Lock up the warehouse.
Approximate Hours, Hourly Rate, and Perks
Tuesday - optional
Wednesday - Approx. 12:30-9:30pm
Thursday - Approx. 1-9:30pm
Hourly rate: $19
Perks: Staff discount on products and becoming part of a great community
How can I apply?
Contact with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org